Let me just start out by saying that my taste buds have never experienced something so incredible. That’s a heck of claim considering how much I love and appreciate ALL food. Upon first bite, B & I both looked at each other with wide eyes. Essentially, it’s a loaded baked potato in chip form.
Lately, we’ve been making our own potato chips, which is how the idea for this recipe came about. They actually remind me of the potato skins I used to order from Bennigan’s. I’m drooling again just thinking about them. No matter how many you make, there won’t be any leftovers. Sadly.
This would be an excellent game day snack, but B & I actually ate them for lunch on Friday.
2 large red bliss potatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese
Salt / Pepper
1. Turn on the oven and set it to broil.
2. After potatoes are cleaned, cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Place potato slices onto a greased baking sheet.
4. Drizzle a little olive oil on top of the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle each with salt / pepper.
6. Broil potato slices for 10 minutes on each side until golden brown. Cook time will depend on how thin or thick you slice them.
7. Time to load ‘em with cheese (only). Place the tray back into the broiler until cheese melts (this won’t take very long at all).
8. Load the chips with all the other fixings: a dollop of sour cream, bacon bits, and fresh chives.
B & I actually made our own bacon bits using uncured bacon, however, any form of bacon will do. Holy yum. Am I right?Back to Blog