Sandy is certainly turning out to be one big, bad betch. Other than staying dry, I thought of some other things you could do to pass the time.
1. Bake something tasty and sweet. Check out these Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats I made a couple weeks back!
2. Pop bottles. This Captain’s Spiced Cider only requires two ingredients. If you have them in the house, pour yourself an afternoon cocktail and snuggle up.
3. Read the gossip magazines that have been piling up in your house for the past two months.
4. Give yourself a good blow out incase you lose power!
5. Reorganize your closet, ROYGBIV style or rearrange the furniture in your room.
8. Hosting a Thanksgiving feast? Be proactive and think through your menu now so you aren’t stressed the week of.
9. Write thank you notes. Nothing shows you care like a real, handwritten note. There’s plenty of reasons to be thankful even if someone didn’t give you a gift recently.
10. Reply to everyone in your inbox!
Most importantly, stay safe. Make sure you have a backup plan incase you’re without power for an extended period of time. Close out all of your iPhone apps to extend your battery life, and check in on your family and friends. I’m such a Mom.
What are you doing to entertain yourself during the storm?Back to Blog