I don’t know how much of an intro we need for Bang Bang Shrimp. I’m talking about thee Bang Bang Shrimp… from Bonefish Grille. It’s my favorite thing on their menu. I guess everyone else feels similarly because they even dedicated an entire night to it on Wednesdays ($5 Bang Wednesdays; 4 p.m. to close). The sad part is that there aren’t any Bonefish locations in California. WHAT? I know.
My mom has been raving about her homemade version for awhile now, and I finally made it… with her! She’s in town until Tuesday and we’ve been having the best time. We made these for an appetizer on Saturday night. They taste so similar to Bonefish, and I’m going to guess they are way (and I mean wayyyyyy) healthier too.
1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
Sriracha sauce (amount depends on how spicy you like it)
Lemon (to garnish)
1. In a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in butter and olive oil on medium heat.
2. Beat together egg, milk, salt, and pepper.
3. Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture and then dredge (coat) in the flour.
4. Add shrimp to the pan with garlic and onion. Sauté to a golden brown.
5. Once shrimp are cooked, add the desired amount of Sriracha and stir.
6. Garnish with lemon and serve.
Bang bang, at home.Back to Blog