I’ve been hooked on quinoa ever since I dabbled with this Spicy Peanut Mango recipe last year. Even with just a little butter and lemon juice, quinoa can taste great. It keeps me full for hours and provides a ton of nutrients like calcium and iron. This recipe is also vegetarian approved, if meat isn’t your thang.
Makes 2-3 servings
1 cup organic quinoa (I used Nature’s Earthly Choice)
2 cups water
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp lemon juice
1 small Roma tomato
Sun dried tomatoes
1. If your quinoa is already pre-washed, bring 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
3. During that time, cook a couple handfuls of spinach on top of the stove with a little oil.
4. Slice the tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes.
5. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and place in a bowl.
6. Add the butter, lemon juice, spinach, sliced tomatoes, and feta to the quinoa and mix them together.
Voila! B & I ate this for lunch yesterday and it kept me full all the way up until dinner time.
What quinoa recipes do you love?Back to Blog