I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t try very many drugstore beauty products last year. I got in the habit of buying the same thing over and over again without really venturing out to see what else I might like.
For whatever reason, I’ve always kind of felt like drugstore product weren’t good enough. How snobby of me. This year, I’ve decided to try a couple new products every month and blog about what I like and didn’t like. If you have any drugstore recommendations, please, please share them in the comments section.
1. L’Oreal True Match Lumi: I’ve been a bit of MAC foundation junkie ever since I was able to wear makeup, but my pores are really over it. I tried being healthy by switching to bareMinerals powder foundation, but I hated it. I’ve even tried it a couple different times thinking I’d get over the dryness. I have dry skin and if you do too, then bareMinerals is not for you.
I was so fed up with dry flakes while on vacation last week, that I picked up a bottle of L’Oreal True Match Lumi. It came as a recommendation from my beauty guru friend, Nur. She knows her stuff. The foundation is hydrating, light, and makes the skin appear dewy. It was everything I needed after my horrible stint with bareMinerals. I’m still using the product and have no complaints.
2. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: BB cream has been on the scene for a little while now, and I am JUST trying it. Crazy, I know. I love it! The Maybelline BB Cream came as a recommendation from a trusted friend and makeup artist in Tampa. This BB cream does eight things at once, which I didn’t even know was possible. Its coverage is really sheer; perfect for the days when my skin is looking its best. I have the Light color in my beauty bag. Now, I’m interested in trying other brands to see which one makes the best impression. Any recommendations?
3. TRESemme Dry Shampoo: I’ve tried five different dry shampoos (expensive ones from various salons) and can say that the TRESemme dry shampoo from CVS did a better job than all of them. With that being said, it’s still not great – just better than the ones I’ve tried. This one sprays out white powder (like many dry shampoos) to soak up the dirt and oil in between washes. Make sure you follow the direction on the bottle. Don’t spray too closely to the scalp, or you’ll end up with an even greasier mess. Gross.
4. Neutrogena Make-up Remover Wipes: These Neutrogrena wipes rock, and are comparable to more expensive brands like MAC. They smell fresh and have the right amount of moisture, something that a lot of the drugstore wipes lack. Tip: store your wipes upside down to ensure that they stay moist (especially the ones on the top)!
5. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie: I picked up this shade after Julia from Gal Meets Glam recommended it on her blog. As the title suggests, this lipstick is creamier than your average lipstick. Typically, I put on lip balm before applying lipstick to keep my lips hydrated, but with this one I don’t have to. It’s shiny enough that it doesn’t require gloss either. I like that this product is essentially a 3 in 1.
*I’ve seen all of these products in CVS, Walgreens, Target, and Walmart.
What drugstore beauty products are you loving this month?!Back to Blog