For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Clarisonic Mia 2, here’s your invitation. This product was the best $150 I have ever spent. In simple terms, it’s an electronic face (and body) cleanser. It cleans your face up to 6x better than if you were to use your fingers alone. I was a bit skeptical at first, but was willing to give it a shot since I have been less than amused with my skin the past couple months.
From Day 1, I decided to use the Clarisonic Mia 2 once at night. Although it says it’s safe to use twice a day, I heard over-using can cause breakouts. I have noticed a dramatic change in my skin and especially the way my makeup looks.
Aside from feeling “cleaner,” the blackheads on my nose have diminished (not all, but a good portion), my skin feels less dry, and makeup glides on more easily.
After the first couple uses, I noticed a couple minor breakouts. This was to be expected since it was the first deep clean I had since my last facial. They diminished in two days and I haven’t seen any since. I even went to Tampa for a full week of wedding festivities which meant makeup, makeup, and more makeup. Still no breakouts! The best perk of all: It only takes 60 seconds to complete.
Clarisonic Mia 2 Tips
- Charge the Clarisonic Mia 2 for 24 hours prior to using it.
- If you have normal to dry skin (like myself), I recommend using it once a day even if you aren’t prone to breakouts so you don’t strip your face of its natural oils.
- Change out the brush head every three months for best results.
- Don’t let anyone use your Clarisonic, but YOU. Your boyfriend has different skin than you, so when you go to use it after he does, you risk breakouts and irritation.
- Store the Clarisonic Mia 2 in its travel case or stand it upright to avoid makeup or dirt contamination. (I store it upright in a cotton ball container.)
- Use the Clarisonic Mia 2 on your face only. If you want to use it on your body, upgrade to the Clarisonic PLUS for Face and Body.
- Keep the Clarisonic Mia 2 box in case you ever need it because it comes with a 2-year product warranty.
- Use it before applying self-tanner.
- Give it as a gift! You’ll definitely become their new bestie.
What has your Clarisonic Mia 2 experience been like?Back to Blog