Welp, summer’s over. You know what’s crazy? I only put on a swimsuit once this summer. Once. I feel like summer didn’t even happen. This is coming from the girl who used to skip class to go to the pool. (Perks of going to The University of Tampa.)
To be completely honest though, I’m welcoming Fall with open arms. I love layering. I love brisk weather. I love pumpkin spice lattes. I heard someone say pumpkin spice lattes were overrated the other day. Hmmm… no.
Here are 10 style tips to fall back on this season:
1. If I learned anything from the VINCE fashion brunch a couple weekends ago, it was to experiment with outerwear. Don’t be afraid to experiment with various textures, colors, or lengths. I’m loving structured, oversized coats this season.
2. When in doubt, wear a hat. Seriously. You don’t need to give me a reason to procrastinate a blowout. Try a baseball cap, floppy knit, or fedora.
3. Emerald. It’s Pantone Color of the year. I’d love to tuck an Alexander Wang tee into an emerald pencil skirt and layer it with a major statement piece.
4. Layers can look super chic, especially when you mix textures. I’ve always been a fan of contrasting styles, like a leather jacket over a lace top or dress. It’s all about adding interest.
5. This year, white is the new black. No more cardinal rules. It’s officially safe to bring white all the way into winter. Just make sure it’s in the form of chunky knit or a jacket.
6. Leather is in… and always will be. It’s edgy, sporty, and chic. I love a peek of leather running down the side of trousers or a leather-embellished t-shirt.
7. Cape life. Reach in and find your inner superwoman, ’cause capes are hot as Hell this season. They’re versatile and will carry you through various seasons (and events). This blouse mimics the dramatic cape sleeve style, if you’re not ready to commit to a full blown cape.
8. Cobalt is sweeping the streets. Miroslava Duma likes it, and I trust her.
9. Structured bags are everywhere right now. I bought a black one from Nordstrom last week and have been breaking it in ever since. They look expensive, but don’t have to be. I scored mine for less than $50!
10. Black and white make a strong statement, but gray is getting all the praise this Fall. How gorgeous is this wool-blend coat?Back to Blog